The Mira Mesa Town Council (MMTC) is a volunteer organization that works toward the improvement of the Mira Mesa Community. The Mira Mesa Town Council holds monthly meetings that provide information to the community and act as a forum for identifying and solving community problems. Elected representatives or their staff attend most MMTC meetings, and can research and respond to issues that arise at the meetings. MMTC meetings are held at 7 PM on the first Monday of each month.
The Mira Mesa Town Council sponsors many community activities and events including:
- The Mira Mesa Street Fair, held in October
- The Mira Mesa Fourth of July Celebration
- Annual Volunteer of the Year Dinner
- The Verne Goodwin Scholarship for Mira Mesa community High School Students
- The Mira Mesa Maintenance Assessment District Advisory Committee (MMMAD) that maintains landscaping along community streets.
- The Mira Mesa Banner District that maintains the street banners along Mira Mesa Blvd.
- Support for community paint and cleanup programs.
- The Miss and Miss Teen San Diego Northeastern Communities Pageant.
The Mira Mesa Town Council also helps to support independent community activities including the Halloween Carnival, the Retired Senior Volunteer Patrol, and all of the other Mira Mesa community service organizations and community events.