The 3Roots draft EIR has been posted on the City website. It is listed as: 06/28/19 (Mira Mesa) 3Roots / Project No. 587128. It has 3 parts and several appendices. The final date for review comments on the EIR is August 12, 2019.
Mesa Canyon Community Partners is proposing a revision to Hanson Aggregates’ master plan for redevelopment of their gravel mining operation. The new plan removes the southern industrial element and adds a community park, and also changes some multi-family residential to single-family. The proposed project is now called “3Roots.” Following are some important documents and links:
- The previous plan approved in 1994 can be found here.
- The new proposed master plan (October, 2018 draft) can be found here.
- The proposed Community Plan Amendment can be found here.
- The developer’s description of the new plan can be found here.
- The presentation given at the November 2018 meeting can be found here.
- The plan was conditionally approved with these comments at the November 2018 MMCPG meeting.
- One of the conditions was construction of an overlook at the south end of Parkdale. Here are their proposed plans for it.
The Carroll Canyon Master Plan is considered part of the Mira Mesa Community Plan, so a revision to the Master Plan requires a Community Plan Amendment. Initiation of the Community Plan Amendment was approved by the Planning Commission on May 25, 2017. Here is the proposed Community Plan Amendment.