Mira Mesa Town Council Meetings
MMTC Hosts District 6 City Council Candidates Forum at Mira Mesa High School May 2 at 7pm The D6 Candidates Forum takes the place of the regular May meeting of the Mira Mesa Town Council. It was the first in-person event sponsored by the MMTC since the pandemic. The...
New “Edge Lanes” for Bikes with Single Central Two-Way Car Traffic Lane, plus Miramar College Master Plan The Mira Mesa Town Council meeting on Monday, April 4, 2022, 7 to 9pm via Zoom, will have a double-feature main program. Find out more about the new “edge lanes”...
Community Plan Update and Redistricting Impacts What future development is being discussed for Mira Mesa, according to the Mira Mesa Community Plan Update now underway? What changes has the 2022 Redistricting made in district boundaries for the elected officials who...
Coexisting with All Wildlife: Project Wildlife Our speaker will be Andy Blue, Campus Director of Project Wildlife Ramona for the San Diego Humane Society. He will discuss coexisting with all wildlife and particularly coyotes. They are a valuable member of our...
We will be restarting the Mira Mesa Town Council newsletter in February. Below is the deadline for article submissions: Meeting DatePublication DateSubmission DeadlineFebruary ...
San Diego District 6 Councilmember Chris Cate will discuss the State of the District at the January 2022 Mira Mesa Town Council meeting. The meeting will be held at 7 PM via Zoom. Recording of meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SpqHpTeHAc&t=51s
MMHS Orchestra, MMMAD Budget are featured at the December 2021 MMTC meeting. MMHS Orchestra students are scheduled to perform at the start of the meeting. The Mira Mesa Town Council will vote to approve the FY2023 Mira Mesa Maintenance Assessment District budget at...
County Supervisor Terra Lawson-Remer Featured Speaker at MMTC November 1, 2021. The Mira Mesa Town Council invites everyone to hear County Supervisor Terra Lawson-Remer as its featured speaker Monday evening, November 1, 2021. The meeting is open to the public and...
MMTC Hosts Schools Night Oct 4 via Zoom Featuring Principals of K-12 Mira Mesa Cluster Schools. Find out more about our local schools in Mira Mesa October 4! The Mira Mesa Town Council is continuing its tradition of hosting a “Schools Night” featuring principals of...
MMTC To Focus on Public Safety Issues September 13 The Mira Mesa Town Council, Mira Mesa’s non-profit volunteer civic group, invites everyone interested to attend the Mira Mesa Town Council meeting via Zoom at 7pm Monday, September 13, 2021. (Meeting is a week later...
MMTC Meeting Times and Format
General Meetings: Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held at the Mira Mesa Branch Library, 8405 New Salem Street, San Diego, CA 92126, at 7:00 PM on the first Monday of each month. There is no meeting in July. If the meeting falls on a holiday it will be deferred to the second Monday. The agenda below is a typical agenda. Details may vary.
Board Meetings: Unless otherwise scheduled, Board meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 PM at the Mira Mesa Community Office at 10717 Camino Ruiz, Suite 119.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic all meetings are being held remotely via Zoom until further notice.
MMTC General Meeting Agenda
- Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance [7 PM]
- President’s Report
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
- Recognition of First Responders (SDPD/SDFD) [7:10 PM]
- SDPD Northeastern Division – Officer Christina Santos
- San Diego Fire Department – Captain Joe Raymundo
- Featured Program [7:20 PM]
- Government and Community Resources [7:50 PM]
- Mira Mesa Community Planning Group
- Mira Mesa Recreation Council
- Miramar College
- Scripps Mesa Fireworks
- Mira Mesa Branch Library
- Open Forum (2 minutes, non-debatable) [8:00 PM]
- Recognition of Elected Officials and their representatives [8:10 PM]
- San Diego Unified School District A Board Member Sabrina Bazzo
- San Diego Community College District Board Member Bernie Rhinerson
- Councilmember Chris Cate, District 6 (Denise Torres)
- Mayor Todd Gloria (Michaela Valk)
- Assemblyman Brian Maienschein, District 77 (Rob Knudsen)
- State Senator Toni Atkins, District 39 (Diana Lara)
- County Supervisor Terra Lawson-Remer, District 3 (Amanda Berry)
- Congressman Scott Peters (Anthony Nguyen)
- MMTC Committee Reports [8:30 PM]
- Fourth of July Committee
- MMTC Membership
- Volunteer of the Year Dinner
- Banner District
- Street Fair
- Treasurer’s Report
- Adjournment (no later than 9:00 p.m.)