Mira Mesa Town Council Meetings
Our October meeting will be our annual meeting on Mira Mesa schools. The principals from all Mira Mesa schools have been invited and most plan to attend. The picture above is from our October 2018 meeting. Also at the meeting, MMTC will consider Bylaws changes...
The MMTC Bylaws review committee, chaired by parliamentarian Charlene Ellsworth, has recommended some changes to the bylaws to be more consistent with current practices. One problem with the existing bylaws is that they were written for a time of postal mail and paper...
The September meeting is the SECOND Monday since the first Monday is Labor Day. We have three main agenda items: 1) City Councilman Chris Cate will discuss the NFC and D6 priorities; 2) MTS will make a presentation on the initiative for enhancing citywide public...
4th of July Parade Awards. Gold Star Families Memorial Monument at Miramar. Census 2020. At the Mira Mesa Town Council meeting August 5 MMTC will present its $200 “Best Float” prize for the 2019 Mira Mesa 4th of July Parade, as well as award certificates in various...
MMTC June 3 Meeting Features Scholarship Awards, City Councilmember Chris Cate, and School Board Member John Lee Evans. The June 3 MMTC meeting will feature presentation of the 2019 MMTC / Verne Goodwin Scholarship Awards. Three graduating high school seniors from...
San Diego County supervisor Kristin Gaspar. Mira Mesa High School principal Jeff Sabins, with update on MMHS construction projects, including permanent building to replace portables, and new performing arts center.
MMTC Main Program Double Feature: 4th of July Fun is Just Around the Corner, plus News from the Mayor’s Office! Scripps Mesa Fireworks, the volunteer non-profit group which raises funds for the fabulous local 4th of July fireworks display, will announce the student...
Community Planning: Mira Mesa Community Planning Group chair Jeff Stevens will give an overview of future plans for Mira Mesa - how the community will grow, what new public facilities are planned and issues raised in the update to the Mira Mesa Community Plan, which...
Dockless Scooters: What are the current rules about the use of dockless scooters, which suddenly seem to be everywhere in San Diego, Mira Mesa included? What rules should there be? A discussion of dockless scooters will be the featured topic at the February Mira Mesa...
San Diego District 6 Councilmember Chris Cate will discuss the State of the District at the January 2019 Mira Mesa Town Council meeting. The meeting will be held at 7 PM at the Mira Mesa Public Library.
MMTC Meeting Times and Format
General Meetings: Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held at the Mira Mesa Branch Library, 8405 New Salem Street, San Diego, CA 92126, at 7:00 PM on the first Monday of each month. There is no meeting in July. If the meeting falls on a holiday it will be deferred to the second Monday. The agenda below is a typical agenda. Details may vary.
Board Meetings: Unless otherwise scheduled, Board meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 6:45 PM at the Mira Mesa Community Office at 10717 Camino Ruiz, Suite 119.
MMTC General Meeting Agenda
- Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance [7 PM]
- President’s Report
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
- Recognition of First Responders (SDPD/SDFD) [7:10 PM]
- SDPD Northeastern Division – Officer Christina Santos, Community Relations Officer
- San Diego Fire Department
- Featured Program [7:20 PM]
- Government and Community Resources [7:50 PM]
- Mira Mesa Branch Library
- Scripps Mesa Fireworks
- Mira Mesa Community Planning Group
- Mira Mesa Recreation Council
- Open Forum (2 minutes, nondebatable) [8:00 PM]
- Recognition of Elected Officials and their representatives [8:10 PM]
- Councilmember Chris Cate, District 6 (Luis Pallera)
- Mayor Kevin Faulconer (Eric Young)
- Assemblyman Brian Maienschein, District 77 (Rob Knudsen)
- State Senator Toni Atkins, District 39 (Jason Weisz)
- County Supervisor Kristin Gaspar, District 3 (Ryan Trabuco)
- Congressman Scott Peters (Anthony Nguyen)
- MMTC Committee Reports [8:30 PM]
- Fourth of July Committee
- MMTC Membership
- Volunteer of the Year Dinner
- Banner District
- Street Fair
- Treasurer’s Report
- Adjournment (no later than 9:00 p.m.)