Mira Mesa Town Council Meetings
Sound Off! Tell Us Your Dreams and Concerns for Mira Mesa At the Tet Festival, we collected peoples ideas and dreams for Mira Mesa. At our February meeting, we invite the community to tell us about their dreams and concerns - with representatives from the Mayor's...
Our newly elected City Councilman Kent Lee will be our featured speaker at the January 2023 Mira Mesa Town Council meeting. The meeting will be held in the Mira Mesa Library at 7 PM on January 9th (second Monday of the month since the first Monday is New Year's...
MMHS Madrigals and Orchestra Students Perform, MMTC Votes on MAD Budget The Mira Mesa High School Madrigals and an instrumental ensemble of MMHS orchestra students will perform at the start of the Mira Mesa Town Council meeting on Monday, December 5, in the community...
Our November meeting will feature a discussion of the number one topic today: homelessness. Representatives from the City, County, and non-profits will talk about what is driving the increase in homelessness, what programs are currently available both to assist...
MMTC Hosts Schools Night Oct 3 Featuring Principals of K-12 Mira Mesa Cluster Schools By Pam Stevens Find out more about our local schools in Mira Mesa October 3! The Mira Mesa Town Council is continuing its tradition of hosting a “Schools Night” featuring principals...
September 12, 2022 MMTC Meeting Features Epicentre Update and CA State Senate Candidates At our September 12 Mira Mesa Town Council meeting, we will have an update on the Epicentre Teen Center in Mira Mesa, which is being renovated by the County of San Diego. We have...
We will hear from the two candidates for Assembly District 78. Mira Mesa was moved to District 78 under redistricting last year. The two candidates are: Chris Ward, the incumbentEric Gonzales, challenger We will also recognize the two Mira Mesa High School students...
After two years of meeting on Zoom, our June 6, 2022 meeting will be LIVE at 7:00 PM at the Mira Mesa Library! We will introduce our Mira Mesa Town Council/Verne Goodwin scholarship winners and receive an update on the state of District 6 from City Councilman Chris...
MMTC Hosts District 6 City Council Candidates Forum at Mira Mesa High School May 2 at 7pm The D6 Candidates Forum takes the place of the regular May meeting of the Mira Mesa Town Council. It was the first in-person event sponsored by the MMTC since the pandemic. The...
New “Edge Lanes” for Bikes with Single Central Two-Way Car Traffic Lane, plus Miramar College Master Plan The Mira Mesa Town Council meeting on Monday, April 4, 2022, 7 to 9pm via Zoom, will have a double-feature main program. Find out more about the new “edge lanes”...
MMTC Meeting Times and Format
General Meetings: Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held at the Mira Mesa Branch Library, 8405 New Salem Street, San Diego, CA 92126, at 7:00 PM on the first Monday of each month. There is no meeting in July. If the meeting falls on a holiday it will be deferred to the second Monday. The agenda below is a typical agenda. Details may vary.
Board Meetings: Unless otherwise scheduled, Board meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 PM at the Mira Mesa Community Office at 10606 Camino Ruiz, Suite 5.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic all meetings are being held remotely via Zoom until further notice.
MMTC General Meeting Agenda
- Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance [7 PM]
- President’s Report
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
- Recognition of First Responders (SDPD/SDFD) [7:10 PM]
- SDPD Northeastern Division – Officer Christina Santos
- San Diego Fire Department – Captain Joe Raymundo
- Featured Program [7:20 PM]
- Government and Community Resources [7:50 PM]
- Mira Mesa Community Planning Group
- Mira Mesa Recreation Council
- Miramar College
- Scripps Mesa Fireworks
- Mira Mesa Branch Library
- Open Forum (2 minutes, non-debatable) [8:00 PM]
- Recognition of Elected Officials and their representatives [8:10 PM]
- San Diego Unified School District A Board Member Sabrina Bazzo
- San Diego Community College District Board Member Bernie Rhinerson
- Councilmember Chris Cate, District 6 (Denise Torres)
- Mayor Todd Gloria (Michaela Valk)
- Assemblyman Brian Maienschein, District 77 (Rob Knudsen)
- State Senator Toni Atkins, District 39 (Diana Lara)
- County Supervisor Terra Lawson-Remer, District 3 (Amanda Berry)
- Congressman Scott Peters (Anthony Nguyen)
- MMTC Committee Reports [8:30 PM]
- Fourth of July Committee
- MMTC Membership
- Volunteer of the Year Dinner
- Banner District
- Street Fair
- Treasurer’s Report
- Adjournment (no later than 9:00 p.m.)