Mira Mesa Town Council Meetings
The December MMTC meeting will be held at Miramar College in the English Building (“I” Building) room “I-101 A & B” at 7 PM on December 4, 2023. The Mira Mesa High School Madrigals will perform for us, and we will vote on next year's budget for the Mira Mesa...
Meet VAYA at the Nov. 6 MMTC Meeting and Get Ready to Celebrate the Year of the Dragon in 2024! By Pam Stevens Meet VAYA (the Vietnamese-American Youth Alliance), Mira Mesa Town Council’s featured “business member of the month,” at the November 6 MMTC meeting and get...
MMTC Hosts Schools Night Oct 2 Featuring Principals of K-12 Mira Mesa Cluster Schools Find out more about our local schools in Mira Mesa October 2! The Mira Mesa Town Council is continuing its tradition of hosting a “Schools Night” featuring principals of K-12 schools...
Mira Mesa Library, 7 PM, Monday September 11, 2023 Agenda: Featured Business Member of the Month RC Realty of San Diego. Reports from Government and Community Resources. Updates from Elected Officials.
Congresswoman Sara Jacobs and California State Assemblyman Chris Ward will be the featured speakers at the Mira Mesa Town Council meeting on August 7, 2023, which begins at 7pm in the community room of the Mira Mesa Branch Library, 8405 New Salem St. The public is...
At the June 5, 2023 MMTC meeting we will introduce our 2023 Mira Mesa Town Council/Verne Goodwin scholarship winners Mallory Asis, Ellen Mae Salupen and Nicolas Nguyen, shown in the picture above, and receive an update on the state of District 6 from City Councilman...
Mira Mesa to Celebrate 4th of July Weekend with Fireworks Sunday, July 2, at 9pm There WILL be fireworks in Mira Mesa on the 4th of July weekend this year! The fireworks display will be set off on Sunday, July 2, 2023, at 9pm, from the new joint use fields now under...
By now, most Mira Mesa residents are familiar with the changes to the Mira Mesa Community Plan that allow up to 24,000 units to be built in commercial and industrial areas. The Community Plan made few changes to residential areas, however new State and City laws could...
Sound Off! Tell Us Your Dreams and Concerns for Mira Mesa At the Tet Festival, we collected peoples ideas and dreams for Mira Mesa. At our February meeting, we invite the community to tell us about their dreams and concerns - with representatives from the Mayor's...
Our newly elected City Councilman Kent Lee will be our featured speaker at the January 2023 Mira Mesa Town Council meeting. The meeting will be held in the Mira Mesa Library at 7 PM on January 9th (second Monday of the month since the first Monday is New Year's...
MMTC Meeting Times and Format
General Meetings: Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held at the Mira Mesa Branch Library, 8405 New Salem Street, San Diego, CA 92126, at 7:00 PM on the first Monday of each month. There is no meeting in July. If the meeting falls on a holiday it will be deferred to the second Monday. The agenda below is a typical agenda. Details may vary.
Board Meetings: Unless otherwise scheduled, Board meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 PM at the Mira Mesa Community Office at 10606 Camino Ruiz, Suite 5.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic all meetings are being held remotely via Zoom until further notice.
MMTC General Meeting Agenda
- Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance [7 PM]
- President’s Report
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
- Recognition of First Responders (SDPD/SDFD) [7:10 PM]
- SDPD Northeastern Division – Officer Christina Santos
- San Diego Fire Department – Captain Joe Raymundo
- Featured Program [7:20 PM]
- Government and Community Resources [7:50 PM]
- Mira Mesa Community Planning Group
- Mira Mesa Recreation Council
- Miramar College
- Scripps Mesa Fireworks
- Mira Mesa Branch Library
- Open Forum (2 minutes, non-debatable) [8:00 PM]
- Recognition of Elected Officials and their representatives [8:10 PM]
- San Diego Unified School District A Board Member Sabrina Bazzo
- San Diego Community College District Board Member Bernie Rhinerson
- Councilmember Chris Cate, District 6 (Denise Torres)
- Mayor Todd Gloria (Michaela Valk)
- Assemblyman Brian Maienschein, District 77 (Rob Knudsen)
- State Senator Toni Atkins, District 39 (Diana Lara)
- County Supervisor Terra Lawson-Remer, District 3 (Amanda Berry)
- Congressman Scott Peters (Anthony Nguyen)
- MMTC Committee Reports [8:30 PM]
- Fourth of July Committee
- MMTC Membership
- Volunteer of the Year Dinner
- Banner District
- Street Fair
- Treasurer’s Report
- Adjournment (no later than 9:00 p.m.)