Mira Mesa Town Council Meetings
At the August 7, 2017 MMTC Meeting we will have a presentation on the 3Roots Project, which is Hanson Aggregates' proposed redevelopment of their gravel mining operation in Carroll Canyon. Also, Mira Mesa High School principal Jeff Sabins will update us on the...
The next MMTC general membership meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 5, 2017. We will introduce the 2017 MMTC Scholarship winners. We will also have a presentation on Miramar College. Also, the MMMAD is proposing to expand their maintenance areas, and we will vote...
The next MMTC general membership meeting is scheduled for Monday, May 1, 2017. San Diego City Attorney Mara Elliott will be the featured speaker at the May 1 meeting of the Mira Mesa Town Council, which starts at 7pm in the community room at the Mira Mesa Branch...
Mira Mesa Community Planning Group Chair Jeff Stevens presented an overview of future development in Mira...
School Board Trustee John Lee Evans will update the Mira Mesa Town Council on budget cuts that will be implemented next year. Lee Dulgaroff will describe the improvements and additions being made to Mira Mesa High School under a recent bond issue. $60 million in bond...
Newly elected County Supervisor Kristin Gaspar will be guest speaker at the February 2017 Mira Mesa Town Council meeting.
San Diego District 6 Councilmember Chris Cate will be the featured speaker at the January 2017 Mira Mesa Town Council meeting.
MMTC Meeting Times and Format
General Meetings: Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held at the Mira Mesa Branch Library at 7:00 PM on the first Monday of each month. There is no meeting in July. If the meeting falls on a holiday it will be deferred to the second Monday. The agenda below is a typical agenda. Details may vary.
Board Meetings: Unless otherwise scheduled, Board meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 6:45 PM at the Mira Mesa Community Office at 10717 Camino Ruiz, Suite 119.
MMTC General Meeting Agenda
- Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance [7 PM]
- President’s Report
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
- Recognition of First Responders (SDPD/SDFD) [7:10 PM]
- SDPD Northeastern Division – Officer Shannah Oliveras, Community Relations Officer
- SDPD Northwestern Division – Officer Tracey Williams, Community Relations Officer
- SDFD – Captain Flores, Public Information Officer
- Featured Program [7:20 PM]
- Government and Community Resources [7:50 PM]
- Mira Mesa Branch Library
- Scripps Mesa Fireworks
- Mira Mesa Community Planning Group
- Mira Mesa Recreation Council
- Open Forum (2 minutes, nondebatable) [8:00 PM]
- Recognition of Elected Officials and their representatives [8:10 PM]
- Councilmember Chris Cate, District 6 (Luis Pallera)
- Mayor Kevin Faulconer (Anthony George)
- Assemblyman Brian Maienschein, District 77 (Rob Knudsen)
- State Senator Toni Atkins, District 39 (Jason Weisz)
- County Supervisor Kristin Gaspar, District 3 (Jason Paguio)
- Congressman Scott Peters (Anthony Nguyen)
- MMTC Committee Reports [8:30 PM]
- Fourth of July Committee
- MMTC Membership
- Volunteer of the Year Dinner
- Banner District
- Street Fair
- Treasurer’s Report
- Adjournment (no later than 9:00 p.m.)