Mira Mesa Town Council Meetings
MMHS Orchestra, MMMAD Budget are featured at the December 2021 MMTC meeting. MMHS Orchestra students are scheduled to perform at the start of the meeting. The Mira Mesa Town Council will vote to approve the FY2023 Mira Mesa Maintenance Assessment District budget at...
County Supervisor Terra Lawson-Remer Featured Speaker at MMTC November 1, 2021. The Mira Mesa Town Council invites everyone to hear County Supervisor Terra Lawson-Remer as its featured speaker Monday evening, November 1, 2021. The meeting is open to the public and...
MMTC Hosts Schools Night Oct 4 via Zoom Featuring Principals of K-12 Mira Mesa Cluster Schools. Find out more about our local schools in Mira Mesa October 4! The Mira Mesa Town Council is continuing its tradition of hosting a “Schools Night” featuring principals of...
MMTC To Focus on Public Safety Issues September 13 The Mira Mesa Town Council, Mira Mesa’s non-profit volunteer civic group, invites everyone interested to attend the Mira Mesa Town Council meeting via Zoom at 7pm Monday, September 13, 2021. (Meeting is a week later...
The Epicentre operated as a Teen Center next to the Senior Center for more than two decades, managed by Harmonium. Since Harmonium discontinued operating the center several years ago, the building has been vacant and in disrepair. Now the County of San Diego is...
MMTC Honors Scholarship Winners and City Councilmember Chris Cate Speaks. The Mira Mesa Town Council, Mira Mesa’s non-profit volunteer civic group, invites everyone interested to attend the Mira Mesa Town Council meeting via Zoom at 7pm this Monday evening, June 7,...
Community Helpers A program on community helpers, featuring presentations by Lisa Lindgren of Hands-On San Diego and Keegan Cheleden, Elderhelp of San Diego, will be the main topic at the Mira Mesa Town Council meeting Monday, May 3, at 7pm. Public welcome! Come learn...
Miramar College will be featured at the April 5 MMTC Meeting via Zoom, 7 PM. In addition, Mayor Gloria will update MMTC on City issues Meet the new Miramar College president, Dr. P. Wesley Lundburg, and learn from Professor Tanya Hertz about the Regional...
Mira Mesa Community Planning Group chair Jeff Stevens updated MMTC on the City proposals to add high density housing to shopping centers and to Sorrento Mesa. The plans were presented by the City at the February 2021 Mira Mesa Community Plan Update meeting. The image...
Our newly elected County Supervisor Terra Lawson-Remer will update the Mira Mesa Town Council on the state of the County. We will also have a presentation on the fate of Mira Mesa Lanes, our local bowling alley which has not been able to operate for the past year....
MMTC Meeting Times and Format
General Meetings: Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held at the Mira Mesa Branch Library, 8405 New Salem Street, San Diego, CA 92126, at 7:00 PM on the first Monday of each month. There is no meeting in July. If the meeting falls on a holiday it will be deferred to the second Monday. The agenda below is a typical agenda. Details may vary.
Board Meetings: Unless otherwise scheduled, Board meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 6:45 PM at the Mira Mesa Community Office at 10717 Camino Ruiz, Suite 119.
MMTC General Meeting Agenda
- Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance [7 PM]
- President’s Report
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
- Recognition of First Responders (SDPD/SDFD) [7:10 PM]
- SDPD Northeastern Division – Officer Christina Santos, Community Relations Officer
- San Diego Fire Department
- Featured Program [7:20 PM]
- Government and Community Resources [7:50 PM]
- Mira Mesa Branch Library
- Scripps Mesa Fireworks
- Mira Mesa Community Planning Group
- Mira Mesa Recreation Council
- Open Forum (2 minutes, non-debatable) [8:00 PM]
- Recognition of Elected Officials and their representatives [8:10 PM]
- Councilmember Chris Cate, District 6 (Luis Pallera)
- Mayor Kevin Faulconer (Eric Young)
- Assemblyman Brian Maienschein, District 77 (Rob Knudsen)
- State Senator Toni Atkins, District 39 (Diana Lara)
- County Supervisor Kristin Gaspar, District 3 (Anthony George)
- Congressman Scott Peters (Anthony Nguyen)
- MMTC Committee Reports [8:30 PM]
- Fourth of July Committee
- MMTC Membership
- Volunteer of the Year Dinner
- Banner District
- Street Fair
- Treasurer’s Report
- Adjournment (no later than 9:00 p.m.)