Mira Mesa Town Council Meetings
San Diego District 6 Councilmember Chris Cate will discuss the State of the District at the January 2019 Mira Mesa Town Council meeting. The meeting will be held at 7 PM at the Mira Mesa Public Library.
MMHS Madrigals Sing, Mira Mesa Volunteer of the Year Voting at December 3 MMTC Meeting The Mira Mesa High School Madrigals, directed by Marielena Teng, will begin the December 3 MMTC meeting with a brief program of seasonal music. The meeting starts at 7pm in the Mira...
Neighborhood Safety: The November 5 MMTC meeting will feature a discussion of Neighborhood Safety. The program will include an extended police report, with information about San Diego Police Department staffing and recruiting, information about Neighborhood Watch and...
Our October meeting will be our annual meeting on Mira Mesa schools. The principals from all Mira Mesa schools have been invited and most plan to attend. The picture above is from our October 2017 meeting.
At the September 10, 2018 meeting: City Councilman Chris Cate will present the NFC District 6 Strategic Plan; City Council Candidate Tommy Hough will present his vision for District 6. Both presentations will focus on budget priorities for the next year.
Miramar College Public Information Officer Stephen Quis will give an overview and update about the college at the next Mira Mesa Town Council meeting on Monday, August 6, 2018. Public welcome! MMTC meetings start at 7pm in the community room at the Mira Mesa Branch...
Councilman Chris Cate will give a mid-year District 6 update, focusing on code enforcement and street repair. We will also introduce the 2018 recipients of the Mira Mesa Town Council Verne Goodwin Scholarship.
The May 7, 2018 Mira Mesa Town Council meeting was a forum for the candidates in the District 6 City Council race. The forum was held at Mira Mesa High School at 7:00 PM. There were some changes to the planned event. Mr. Nawabi stopped his campaign due to an injury....
San Diego City Attorney Mara Elliott will be the featured speaker at the April 2, 2018 meeting of the Mira Mesa Town Council, which starts at 7pm in the community room at the Mira Mesa Branch Library, 8405 New Salem Street. The meeting is free and open to the public....
Mira Mesa Town Council Meeting, Monday, March 5, 2018, 7 PM. Mira Mesa Library. Mira Mesa Events and Nonprofit Roundup.
MMTC Meeting Times and Format
General Meetings: Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held at the Mira Mesa Branch Library, 8405 New Salem Street, San Diego, CA 92126, at 7:00 PM on the first Monday of each month. There is no meeting in July. If the meeting falls on a holiday it will be deferred to the second Monday. The agenda below is a typical agenda. Details may vary.
Board Meetings: Unless otherwise scheduled, Board meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 6:45 PM at the Mira Mesa Community Office at 10717 Camino Ruiz, Suite 119.
MMTC General Meeting Agenda
- Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance [7 PM]
- President’s Report
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
- Recognition of First Responders (SDPD/SDFD) [7:10 PM]
- SDPD Northeastern Division – Officer Christina Santos, Community Relations Officer
- San Diego Fire Department
- Featured Program [7:20 PM]
- Government and Community Resources [7:50 PM]
- Mira Mesa Branch Library
- Scripps Mesa Fireworks
- Mira Mesa Community Planning Group
- Mira Mesa Recreation Council
- Open Forum (2 minutes, nondebatable) [8:00 PM]
- Recognition of Elected Officials and their representatives [8:10 PM]
- Councilmember Chris Cate, District 6 (Luis Pallera)
- Mayor Kevin Faulconer (Eric Young)
- Assemblyman Brian Maienschein, District 77 (Rob Knudsen)
- State Senator Toni Atkins, District 39 (Jason Weisz)
- County Supervisor Kristin Gaspar, District 3 (Ryan Trabuco)
- Congressman Scott Peters (Anthony Nguyen)
- MMTC Committee Reports [8:30 PM]
- Fourth of July Committee
- MMTC Membership
- Volunteer of the Year Dinner
- Banner District
- Street Fair
- Treasurer’s Report
- Adjournment (no later than 9:00 p.m.)