Mira Mesa Town Council Meetings
June 5, 2023 MMTC Meeting
At the June 5, 2023 MMTC meeting we will introduce our 2023 Mira Mesa Town Council/Verne Goodwin scholarship winners Mallory Asis, Ellen Mae Salupen and Nicolas Nguyen, shown in the picture above, and receive an update on the state of District 6 from City Councilman...
May 1, 2023 MMTC Meeting
Mira Mesa to Celebrate 4th of July Weekend with Fireworks Sunday, July 2, at 9pm There WILL be fireworks in Mira Mesa on the 4th of July weekend this year! The fireworks display will be set off on Sunday, July 2, 2023, at 9pm, from the new joint use fields now under...
March 6, 2023 MMTC Meeting
By now, most Mira Mesa residents are familiar with the changes to the Mira Mesa Community Plan that allow up to 24,000 units to be built in commercial and industrial areas. The Community Plan made few changes to residential areas, however new State and City laws could...
February 6, 2023 MMTC Meeting
Sound Off! Tell Us Your Dreams and Concerns for Mira Mesa At the Tet Festival, we collected peoples ideas and dreams for Mira Mesa. At our February meeting, we invite the community to tell us about their dreams and concerns - with representatives from the Mayor's...
January 9, 2023 MMTC Meeting
Our newly elected City Councilman Kent Lee will be our featured speaker at the January 2023 Mira Mesa Town Council meeting. The meeting will be held in the Mira Mesa Library at 7 PM on January 9th (second Monday of the month since the first Monday is New Year's...
December 5, 2022 MMTC Meeting
MMHS Madrigals and Orchestra Students Perform, MMTC Votes on MAD Budget The Mira Mesa High School Madrigals and an instrumental ensemble of MMHS orchestra students will perform at the start of the Mira Mesa Town Council meeting on Monday, December 5, in the community...
November 7, 2022 MMTC Meeting To Focus on Homeless
Our November meeting will feature a discussion of the number one topic today: homelessness. Representatives from the City, County, and non-profits will talk about what is driving the increase in homelessness, what programs are currently available both to assist...
October 3, 2022 MMTC Meeting
MMTC Hosts Schools Night Oct 3 Featuring Principals of K-12 Mira Mesa Cluster Schools By Pam Stevens Find out more about our local schools in Mira Mesa October 3! The Mira Mesa Town Council is continuing its tradition of hosting a “Schools Night” featuring principals...
September 12, 2022 MMTC Meeting
September 12, 2022 MMTC Meeting Features Epicentre Update and CA State Senate Candidates At our September 12 Mira Mesa Town Council meeting, we will have an update on the Epicentre Teen Center in Mira Mesa, which is being renovated by the County of San Diego. We have...
August 1, 2022 MMTC Meeting
We will hear from the two candidates for Assembly District 78. Mira Mesa was moved to District 78 under redistricting last year. The two candidates are: Chris Ward, the incumbentEric Gonzales, challenger We will also recognize the two Mira Mesa High School students...
MMTC Meeting Times and Format
General Meetings: Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held at the Mira Mesa Branch Library, 8405 New Salem Street, San Diego, CA 92126, at 7:00 PM on the first Monday of each month. There is no meeting in July. If the meeting falls on a holiday it will be deferred to the second Monday. The agenda below is a typical agenda. Details may vary.
Board Meetings: Unless otherwise scheduled, Board meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 PM at the Mira Mesa Community Office at 10606 Camino Ruiz, Suite 5.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic all meetings are being held remotely via Zoom until further notice.
MMTC General Meeting Agenda
- Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance [7 PM]
- President’s Report
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
- Recognition of First Responders (SDPD/SDFD) [7:10 PM]
- SDPD Northeastern Division – Officer Christina Santos
- San Diego Fire Department – Captain Joe Raymundo
- Featured Program [7:20 PM]
- Government and Community Resources [7:50 PM]
- Mira Mesa Community Planning Group
- Mira Mesa Recreation Council
- Miramar College
- Scripps Mesa Fireworks
- Mira Mesa Branch Library
- Open Forum (2 minutes, non-debatable) [8:00 PM]
- Recognition of Elected Officials and their representatives [8:10 PM]
- San Diego Unified School District A Board Member Sabrina Bazzo
- San Diego Community College District Board Member Bernie Rhinerson
- Councilmember Chris Cate, District 6 (Denise Torres)
- Mayor Todd Gloria (Michaela Valk)
- Assemblyman Brian Maienschein, District 77 (Rob Knudsen)
- State Senator Toni Atkins, District 39 (Diana Lara)
- County Supervisor Terra Lawson-Remer, District 3 (Amanda Berry)
- Congressman Scott Peters (Anthony Nguyen)
- MMTC Committee Reports [8:30 PM]
- Fourth of July Committee
- MMTC Membership
- Volunteer of the Year Dinner
- Banner District
- Street Fair
- Treasurer’s Report
- Adjournment (no later than 9:00 p.m.)