Mira Mesa Town Council Meetings
The Mira Mesa Town Council is pleased to present our next meeting on Monday, July 6, 2020. Due to the current limits on public gatherings, this meeting will take place online. ATTEND ONLINE at this link: https://bluejeans.com/717891531 OR VIEW THE MEETING on Facebook:...
MMTC Honors Scholarship Winners and City Councilmember Chris Cate Speaks June 1 The Mira Mesa Town Council, Mira Mesa’s non-profit volunteer civic group, invites everyone interested to attend the Mira Mesa Town Council meeting ONLINE this Monday evening, June 1, 2020....
Mira Mesa Streets Forum: What road repairs does the City of San Diego currently plan for Mira Mesa? How are repairs budgeted?What streets do you think need fixing? Is your street on the City’s list? Join representatives from the City administration, Mayor Kevin...
Video of 2020-02-03 meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raCZvnPqwqU Meet the Candidates for School Board, County Supervisor, and State Assembly at MMTC Feb. 3 Mira Mesans are invited to meet candidates in the March 3 California primary election running for office...
San Diego District 6 Councilmember Chris Cate will discuss the State of the District at the January 2019 Mira Mesa Town Council meeting. The meeting will be held at 7 PM at the Mira Mesa Public Library. In addition, Kevin O’Beirne, SDG&E Major Projects...
MMHS Madrigals Sing, Mira Mesa Volunteer of the Year Voting at December 2 MMTC Meeting. The Mira Mesa High School Madrigals, directed by Marielena Teng, will begin the December 2 MMTC meeting with a brief program of seasonal music. The meeting starts at 7pm in the...
Here is the FY2021 Budget for the Mira Mesa Maintenance Assessment District. The Mira Mesa Town Council will vote on the budget at the December 2019 meeting. See this link for information about Maintenance Assessment Districts in Mira Mesa.
Wildfire Preparedness and Prevention is MMTC Main Program Nov. 4 By Pam Stevens The November 4 MMTC meeting will feature a program on wildfire preparedness and prevention, including brush management for “defensible space.” The speaker will be Charles Butler, Code...
Update: the MMTC membership approved the proposed Bylaws changes at the October MMTC meeting with one change - increasing the notification time for a special meeting from 24 to 48 hours. Here are the approved Bylaws and the changes from the 2010 Bylaws. The Board...
Our October meeting was our annual meeting on Mira Mesa schools. The principals from all Mira Mesa schools were invited and most attended. The picture above is from our October 2019 meeting. Also at the meeting, MMTC considered Bylaws changes proposed by the Bylaws...
MMTC Meeting Times and Format
General Meetings: Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held at the Mira Mesa Branch Library, 8405 New Salem Street, San Diego, CA 92126, at 7:00 PM on the first Monday of each month. There is no meeting in July. If the meeting falls on a holiday it will be deferred to the second Monday. The agenda below is a typical agenda. Details may vary.
Board Meetings: Unless otherwise scheduled, Board meetings are held on the second Monday of each month at 6:45 PM at the Mira Mesa Community Office at 10717 Camino Ruiz, Suite 119.
MMTC General Meeting Agenda
- Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance [7 PM]
- President’s Report
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
- Recognition of First Responders (SDPD/SDFD) [7:10 PM]
- SDPD Northeastern Division – Officer Christina Santos, Community Relations Officer
- San Diego Fire Department
- Featured Program [7:20 PM]
- Government and Community Resources [7:50 PM]
- Mira Mesa Branch Library
- Scripps Mesa Fireworks
- Mira Mesa Community Planning Group
- Mira Mesa Recreation Council
- Open Forum (2 minutes, non-debatable) [8:00 PM]
- Recognition of Elected Officials and their representatives [8:10 PM]
- Councilmember Chris Cate, District 6 (Luis Pallera)
- Mayor Kevin Faulconer (Eric Young)
- Assemblyman Brian Maienschein, District 77 (Rob Knudsen)
- State Senator Toni Atkins, District 39 (Diana Lara)
- County Supervisor Kristin Gaspar, District 3 (Anthony George)
- Congressman Scott Peters (Anthony Nguyen)
- MMTC Committee Reports [8:30 PM]
- Fourth of July Committee
- MMTC Membership
- Volunteer of the Year Dinner
- Banner District
- Street Fair
- Treasurer’s Report
- Adjournment (no later than 9:00 p.m.)