Last spring the County of San Diego announced their intent to lease and renovate the Epicentre building to provide teen-focused services and programming in Mira Mesa.
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO KEEP THIS PROJECT ALIVE!
The Epicentre is an urgent priority and should be prioritized and funded in FY 22-23.
The County will be discussing the preliminary capital project list as Item 16 at the Tuesday, March 1 Board of Supervisors meeting. We need the public to speak out about why this project is so important and needs to be immediately funded.
(The meeting starts at 9 am – the Epicentre is included in agenda item 16)
- The City owns the Mira Mesa Epicentre building, which has been closed for over 5 years and needs $4.35 million to bring the building up to code and reopen it for youth and teen-focused services and programming. Mira Mesa is highly underserved, with a growing population and a demonstrated recreational facility deficit.
- The County is in the process of stepping in and intends to lease and renovate the building in order to operate the youth programming.
- We expected the County to include the $4.35 million in its upcoming FY 22-23 budget. However, the County just released its preliminary capital project list and funding for the Epicentre was delayed to the following year (FY23-24).
- The Epicentre is an urgent priority and should be prioritized and funded in FY 22-23.
- The County will be discussing the preliminary capital project list as Item 16 at the Tuesday, March 1 Board of Supervisors meeting. We need the public to speak out about why this project is so important and needs to be immediately funded.
- Can you provide phone testimony at the board meeting on March 1?
You can explain that this is an important and urgent priority to you.
Step 1: Fill out the request to speak form. The form must be submitted before the meeting starts. After completing the form, you’ll get instructions on how to call in to the meeting.
Step 2: Watch or listen to the meeting.
Step 3: When the Board of Supervisors begins to discuss Item 16: CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT NEEDS ASSESSMENT, call in to the conference line and turn off your TV or live stream. You’ll continue to hear the Board meeting after calling in. Please do not call until the item you want to speak about is being discussed.
Step 4: When it is time for public comments on the item you want to speak about, the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors staff will call speakers by the last four digits of their phone number and will unmute callers. You’ll hear a prompt that will indicate your phone is unmuted. You will then need to press *6 on your phone to unmute yourself. Staff will then ask you to state your name and begin your comments.
- Can you leave a one-sentence eComment before the board meeting?
Click here to eComment on Item 16: CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT NEEDS ASSESSMENT
(or paste this link in your browser: https://sdcounty.granicusideas.com/meetings/1685-board-of-supervisors-meeting/agenda_items/62168fb644253807f90009c0-16-capital-improvement-needs-assessment-fiscal)
You can simply state that this is an important and urgent priority for you.